Deadline: 31 December 2024
- Funding for the Initiative comes from the Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership (Sustainable CAP). Up to $700,000 has been allocated for the Initiative.
- A Recipient is eligible to receive 100% of Eligible Costs up to a maximum of $10,000 in funding per application under the Initiative. Project requests over $10,000 will be considered on a case-by-case basis pending approval from the Designated Program Administrator. The maximum amount any recipient may receive under the initiative is $25,000.
Eligible ActivitiesThe following activities are eligible under the Initiative:
- displaying and distributing free promotional material kit(s) of existing Mental Health Programs and Resources (including but not limited to postcards, posters, one-page infographics and pop-up banners) to be displayed at member-only events (such as Annual General Meetings (AGMs), business meetings)
- hiring a speaker or facilitator for a primarily members-only event (for example, AGM or workshop) who is identified by the recipient as a qualified advocate for mental health, during which the organization must administer a participant satisfaction survey provided by the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) and tabulated attendance data
- developing or customizing topic-specific mental health promotional materials for members based on mental health best practices and language, and following Sustainable CAP Communications Protocol
- To be eligible to participate in the Initiative, an Applicant will meet the following requirements:
- be a national or Ontario provincial level Agricultural Commodity Group, Farm Organization or Affiliated Group
- provide its Canadian Revenue Agency Business Number (CRA BN)
- submit a completed Ministry-approved Application Form to the Ministry
- in compliance with the following for its business operations at the time of applying to the Initiative:
- environmental-related Requirements of Law
- labour-related Requirements of Law
- tax-related Requirements of Law
- material compliance with all other Requirements of Law
- is not, nor is any officer, director or employee of the Applicant (if any), a member of the House of Commons on the Senate, or, if the Applicant is, or any officer, director or employee of the Applicant (if any) is, the Applicant, or the officer, director or employee of the Applicant (if any), is permitted under the Parliament of Canada Act (Canada) to receive funding from Canada under the Sustainable CAP
- agrees that any intellectual property rights arising from their Project, should the Applicant be found to be eligible to participate in the Initiative, as well as receive an Initiative Payment, belongs to the Applicant.
For more information, visit Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.