The curriculum is composed of lectures and workshops, with the priority given to 1-to-1 expert mentoring sessions. Each startup will be also assigned to an end-to-end Mentor to help navigate the program, set goals and track progress.
For startups that have a match for the Partner’s Innovation Challenges, a separate track on partner cooperation projects and proof-of-concepts (POCs) will be organized. The guiding themes of the Program are: Digital Health & Pharma, Product Development & Service Design, Business Development & Partner Cooperation, Fundraising, Soft Skills & Events.
The differentiation point of VITA Accelerator are hands-on digital health sessions with practical approach to mentoring. Some of the examples of the sessions are: How to Achieve a Medical Certification of Digital Health Product, How to Develop an IP Strategy for a Digital Health Startups, How to Design a Digital Health Trial, Market Access and Reimbursement Pathways of Digital Health Solutions in Italy and abroad.
Why go to VITA Accelerator?
- Deep expertise in life science & innovation
- Accelerator Partners – CDP Venture Capital SGR, Healthware Group and Accelerace – bring a deep combined expertise in shaping, operating, and advising accelerator programs together with profound digital health knowledge and extensive ecosystem connections.
- Corporate & global ecosystem access
- VITA Accelerator offers to startups a unique opportunity to collaborate with the Innovation Partner Zcube and Corporate Partners Petrone Group and SIFI, solving their Innovation Challenges. During the Program, selected startups will work on the proof-of-concepts (POCs) together with the Partners and have the potential to continue these collaborations.
- Strong investors network
- VITA Accelerator offers support with identifying target investors for the teams and facilitating warm intros. In addition, they organize VITA networking events with key Italian and international digital health investors.
- Greater visbility in front of the digital health community
- The selected startups will participate in Frontiers Health Global Conference 2024, one of the leading digital health events in Europe. During the event, the startups will gain increased visibility and direct access to a global community of top digital health innovators.
What Kind of Investments Will Be Offered by VITA Accelerator?
- VITA Accelerator offers a 150k€ initial investment (of which 90K€ in cash as a convertible loan, and 60K€ for the in-kind value of the acceleration program, covering the lectures & workshops, PoC facilitation with the Partners, mentoring, events and the co-working space in the facilities) for all the Startups participating in the program, in exchange for 3-6% of equity according to the maturity of the startup. Select startups will be offered a follow-on investment up to 400K€, and up to 2M€ cumulative follow-on investments for the most promising startups.
- For International Startups
- The Termsheet can be arranged between VITA and your international mother company, but the Investment Agreement will be between VITA and your Italian daughter company
- VITA will deploy the first investment (as a convertible) of 90K€ in cash to the Italian bank account of your Italian legal entity
- If/when the conversion is triggered, there will be a ‘flip’ mechanism to move your HQ to Italy.
Who can apply?
- VITA Accelerator is looking for pre-seed or seed digital health startups. They are accepting either:
- Startups based in Italy;
- International startups interested in operating in Italy (R&D, Clinical Trials, BD & Sales) and setting up an Italian entity in order to develop, localize and or commercialize their product or service in Italy.
- The Program will be held in English; so they can leverage world class international Experts & Investors, to simplify the participation of international startups, as well as help Italian Startup prepare for their internationalization.
For more information, visit CDP National Accelerators Network.